The Primitive Roost...

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

God Has A Plan.....

God does have a plan....I firmly believe this. We may not know what it is, or be completely happy about it at times, 
but it is set in stone.

Think about it....haven't there been people in your life, whether they be friends, family, or people you just met, that have lasting effects? Or maybe you just met them once, but the impression they left with you changed you in some way?

For instance, there was a time in my life when things were in transition...and i was having a very difficult time with it. 
In popped a woman(who ended up becoming one of my best friends!)
She saw things were difficult, and went out of her way to befriend me. In that new budding friendship, she showed me how to sew. Sounds simple, but it changed my life!!
She started me on a new life path that still today..almost 20 yrs later....keeps changing me and making me a better person!
At the last craft show i worked...i met this wonderful fellow crafter. She saw that i hook and had to stop and chat. Seems her mother used to have a love for hooking (she actually worked at Greenfield Village working with the wool and such!) and had passed on to the other side...leaving all her tools, wool and books! 
The next day...she brought me in this book and said i could have it...along with a bag full of wool!! 
She couldn't have made me any happier!!
This book has inspired me and has been the teacher that i so desperately needed!! 
So see....God placed her in my life at just the right moment to keep pushing me in the direction i need to be going. 
Without this book, i would have given up.
But now...i am planning my next rug which hopefully will turn out as nice as planned and will be donated to raise money for the Relay For Life!! 
He truly has mysterious ways... 

I will have to share pictures soon of the project in process so you can give me your feedback..i am so excited about this one. 
First i will draw it out on burlap with a sharpie, then decide what textile to use....wool yarn or wool fabric???
Either or....i love them both!! 
Yarn is easier to use...you don't have to worry about what direction the loops are going...and it is faster...and i have more control over what colors i can use...
BUT....
Fabric is so much fun!!
I have to go on a treasure hunt to find the fabric...and if i can't find just the right colors...i get to pull out my dye pot and have fun coloring!!
I can't even begin to tell you how much fun it is for me!! 
I have to go for now...but remember...
When life seems so hard, or people are really getting difficult to deal with...God put them in your life for a reason....and every day has a lesson.
Go out of your way to embrace life and those around you....you never know when a kind gesture from you may just change someone's life!! 
 God Bless!!

Until next time,
Tonia     
        
      

No comments:

Post a Comment