The Primitive Roost...

Monday, June 11, 2012

Making The Old New Again!!

One of my favorite things to do is go "junking" on thursdays...whether this be garage saling or hitting my local thrift shops. You never know what you may find and you know the old saying..."one man's junk is another man's treasure"!!

Well...a  few weeks ago i found an awesome shelf...a little dirty and greasy from hanging in someone's kitchen...but it had awesome bones!! 
And hour and a little "mean green" later....i had a clean slate!

I wish i had a before pic to show because the after is so great. 
I primed it ..painted it black...traced the shape of the insert...and made a pattern for a hooking to place in the center. 
Here is how it turned out:
 I hooked this with 100% wool yarn that i buy from the Goodwill training center in Monroe, Mi. They help the mentally disabled to find work ...and they make some of their own works of art too!!

Don't you love how this turned out!! I sandpapered the edges and rubbed in some stain to make it look a little more prim..which is how i like my stuff!!
The object of all this work is to sell it...but when i love the "after" this much it can be so hard...LOL!!

Until next time,

Tonia

No comments:

Post a Comment