The Primitive Roost...

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Starting a new rug....

There is something so wonderful about starting a new project!! I get excited and find it hard to do anything else but concentrate on it! 
This project has been in the works for about a month now...but i finally have all the wool bought, washed, and cut into strips...
The pattern has been drawn...
And it has been transferred onto the backing fabric..which i chose burlap....
I made a few changes...but that is my artistic right..LOL!!
The edges of the burlap have been treated with Aleene's Fray Stop to keep it from unraveling while on the frame...and now all i have to do is put it on my frame and start hooking!! 
I can't wait!!!
If you look closely, you can see the change i made in the pattern. 
I turned the corners into ribbons....what do you think??
The hardest part of making these rugs is waiting until they are finished to see how beautiful they turn out!
Oh The Excitement!!!!

Well.. i am off to start hooking....my fingers are itching!
Tomorrow i will post about my homemade applesauce in my crockpot simmering as i type! 

YUM!! 
Its part of how i am trying to live a more "prim" life..using less and making more!!

Until then,

God Bless!!

Tonia      
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment